When it comes to drying and storing herbs, there are a few things you need to keep in mind in order to ensure that your herbs are dried and stored properly. Here are a few tips to help you out:
- Make sure that the herbs you’re drying are clean and free of any dirt or debris. This will help them last longer and prevent them from becoming moldy.
- Cut the herbs into small pieces before drying them. This will help them dry evenly and prevent them from losing their flavor.
- Place the herbs in a single layer on a baking sheet and put them in a preheated oven set to the lowest setting possible. Check on the herbs periodically to make sure they’re not burning.
- Once the herbs are dry, store them in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. If possible, try to keep them away from any light sources as this can cause them to lose their flavor over time.
- When you’re ready to use the dried herbs, simply crush or grind them up into a powder using a mortar and pestle or coffee grinder. This will release their flavor and make them easier to use in recipes.